Good!… Beta progress can be experience in the new IE9 RC Build. Here are the highlights.
[link back: IE Blog ]
In the order that was presented in the video below
Watch the quick video to get familiar with these new 5 things.
1) HTML5 GeoLocation is supported now ..
2) ActiveX filter
3) Tracking Protection Lists
4) Option to have tabs on a separate row.
5) Ability to pin sites when task bar is not at the bottom of the screen.
6) Setting to go to Intranet site for one word searches (GPO Available for IT Admins. See below!)
7) Download speed is displayed on the notification bar.
8) Performance and stability improvements.
Here is the new GPO Location on how to set the “Setting to go to Intranet site for one word searches”.
Download IE9 RC Build to take advantage of this new change in the code.
This policy is available in both Computer and user Configuration!
Administrative Template\Windows Components\Internet Explorer\Internet Settings\Advanced Settings\Browsing\Go to an intranet site for a single word entry in the Address bar
Dword value of 1 = Enable
Dword value of 0 = Disable
IE Setting Screenshot:
The X man